Wednesday, April 21, 2010

...the remains of a rainy day

on a rainy day when I have to be gone...
[or even if I'm home...]
some things are, a "given"...



in my bedroom...
where ever Fluff curls up to sleep...
Piglet will be on top of her...



Molly stays in her crate when I'm gone...
I only have to say,"go to your bed"...
and she's there, sometimes, even before I tell her...
with a hoof or bone to chew away the hours...

she looks expectant here...
because I just gave her the last bite...
of my breakfast[ham on toast]...
and, ever the opportunist, is open to "more"...



but in the rest of the house,[ie "Kitty City"]...
since Thomas has been gone...
the nesting spot preferences have changed...
as well as the groupings...

there is a cat perch level with the window...
with a cat tree you can see on the left...
and another you can't see by the French door windows on the right...
as well as numerous other "nests" & kitty beds...
not mention the dog nest/lair strewn with toys & bones...
close to the fireplace...



I just washed the pad for this window perch...
and it has become the sunning/snoozing location of choice...
for,[front to back] Lucyfur, Mackie...
Murphy[his sister] in the middle...
with red Charlie & black MJ in the back...



here, from a different angle...
Mz Lucyfur mugging for the camera...
Murph, playing hard-to-get...
with Charlie keeping a wary eye on me...
Mack & MJ have no interest in the festivities..



if you look up to the top of the cat tree...
Lacy, who enjoys solitude from other felines...
is enjoying herself, ever alert if I should create a lap for her...
while MJ, who woke up is washing Charlies' face...



her sister Cagney, after having hung out in the bathroom...
until I chased her out, after a l-o-n-g drink of faucet drips...
is at the top of the other cat tree...
keeping an eye out for SPie, who devils her...

having accounted for all the furry beasties...
except Sneaky Pie... I went looking for her...



she wasn't on top of the nook pantry shelf...
nor in the hall nest or on top of any office book cases...
or on top of any pantry shelves...

finding her absence strange, even for her...
& being aware that she has been known to slip out doors...
I looked again... & then, again...

then I looked down...



as much as she loves high places...
I might have known that with no fire in the fireplace...
she'd have found the next best spot...
on top of the furnace floor grate...

the one away from Molly's nest...
[Molly defends her crate & the environs from cats...
only, when she's inside...]



and how did the window snoozers take the news of SPie's safety ?

with their usual lack of interest...
though Lucy isn't in this shot because she sensed a petting opportunity...
and came over to make a pest of herself...

when I arrive home in a bit...
I fully expect to see them all in basically the same spots...
though Molly, on her release will relocate to her lair...
to chew toys, count her bone stash & yip at any feline...
who would dare venture within 5 feet of her treasure trove...

in other words, a normal day...

No comments: