Wednesday, May 14, 2008

....meme, meme, meow


no... I'm NOT reverting to age 2...
I just thought I'd do a meme,
[of sorts...]
expressing my CATLY nature...
so here it is...

my feline meme...
[ah, redundancy...]

I have much more energy than I used to... but I still need my catnaps....
I used to have twice the feline housemates...and half the work...
[now, most are old...and if growing old isn't for sissies...
neither is taking care of the elderly...human OR feline...]

my furry friends eat a case[24, 13 oz cans] of cat food a week...
they consume about a 20 lb bag of dry food a week...
during flea season, we use about 12 tubes of Advantage per month...
and I go through a 50 count package of training pads a week...
[to cover the now very used "new" rugs....]

I'm going to pick-up canned food tomorrow...
10 cases that will last about 10 weeks...
also more training pads...
and a couple of bags of dry food....

we're not going to discuss litter...
except to say that Tidy Cats Blue rocks !
I have a sifter pan and the clumps, etc.
get removed easily...

I tried those pans that automatically rake out the poop...
I'm sure it would work well with 1 or 2 cats...
with my herd...it was a large toy...
and didn't work at all...



"cat games" I have observed include seeding the house with grasshoppers...
[see "Gifts from the Meow-Guys"
[note : I don't know why this link doesn't work...
the post is 9/21/07]
"stalking" each other....and the carnage that follows...
as well as numerous other "wretched things"
I have amply documented in "catmas carols"...

games I play with the kitties include...

pretending NOT to notice the pitiful crying
and starved demeanor of cats who have a full dish...
but want what I'm eating....
or just, "different"...

peering around corners, while going in or out, loaded down...
[grocery bags, trash, anything heavy or "big"...]
to catch Sneaky Pie preparing to jet through my legs...
and out the door to FREEDOM !!!
[aka the land of busy streets, fast cars and BIG dogs...]

trying to find a "safe" place for my dinner,
should the phone or door bell ring...

guessing what that crash used to be...

NOT turning down my bed too soon...
if the Piglet has been "out" and comes in "wet"...

taking bets with myself as to whether that nasty mess
is a hair ball, cat barf or worse....

but, when it's all said and done.....
my catly sloth will finally take over...

like today... after doing laundry, dishes,
changing my bed, taking out the trash,
cleaning cat boxes, cleaning up after Robbie...
mowing the lawn, edging the lawn,

planting some chives I've had for a couple of months...
moving some plants to the back, "trying to tame" the VA creeper...
watering outside, cleaning up more plant stuff,
trimming roses, lemon tree, creeper, etc ...
and getting stabbed numerous times in the process...

I'll pop some Excedrin... drink a lot of water...
sit in my rocking chair...
have some dinner...
[if I can keep "them" away from it...]
and watch some TV....

I don't think I have any beer....
[darn... dark, cold... ummmm beer...]
I just hope that I can move tomorrow...

No comments: