Monday, May 10, 2010

...my house



this photo was taken a couple of years ago from across the street...
it must have been in late May or June since the silk oak is blooming...
and I'm flying the flag...
not to mention that all is neat & tidy...



at this point, the roses are overgrown with Burmuda grass...
and the "weed 'n feed" I bought didn't kill foxtails...
[I knew it was, "too cheap to be comprehensive"...]
so things aren't as tidy as I'd like...

but my back has limited me & I can't afford "help"...



this is the southern facing side with the creeper...
there is a purgola over the kitchen windows...
too bad I can't let the city pay to trim this oak in my back yard...
it really needs cutting back, but I can't afford it...



on the north eastern corner[front], behind this rose bush...
you can spot a problem at the top of the window...
the brick facing has come loose from the sheathing...
and needs to be re-secured before something falls off...

just what I need... another expense...

to paraphrase Roseanna Roseanna Danna...

"owning a house...it's always something more...
& it's always expensive..."

2 comments:

The Calico Quilter said...

I love your house! It has such style. The best you can say about my rancher is, well, it's LONG. And vaguely Prairie Style inspired, but not much more. Your roses are gorgeous. I love the roses and the creeper. My old-fashioned roses have done so well this cool spring, but now that the heat has arrived they will soon fade and begin to drop leaves. My husband hates anything vine-y with a passion, especially too close to the house, so no creeper for me. We just got finished taking out some ivy because he griped about it constantly. As for weeding, it's a neverending battle. Every time I walk outside I see new sprouts in the mulch. Weed blocker does nothing for it.

catsinger said...

...hi Calico...thanks for the nice comments... my roses are full of Burmuda grass 'cause the weed block doesn't work...everything needs trimming & cleaning-up...it never ends, does it ?
BTW I'm working on a post with pictures of all the varied "kit" homes [Craftsman] in my neighborhood... I love all the design elements...