Friday, May 8, 2009

...gardening update

I'm still ISP-less & doing internet stuff at the church...
so yesterday, I worked outside...

first, I cleared off the soon-to-be, squash box...
and emptied & moved 5 "earthboxes"...
[they were full of old soil & water...
ie heavy & dirty...]



I also dealt with moving other stuff...
and removing weeds & debris...
from the small tomato box...



and the larger tomato box...



which was also the resting place for the trash...
and the tomato cages...

now they only need to be dug up...
the hoses fixed & the soil amended...
[oh, my aching everything...]



I planted strawberries in my strawberry jars...
and found a sunny spot on the patio for them...
[after cleaning up a ton of leaves...]



then I planted dill & flat leaf parsley in one container...
& oregano, thyme & sage in another...



the beans are really growing now...



and the tomatoes are blooming...



and though most don't set...



some, like this "new girl" are early...
and are starting to set...
so I've got to get them in the ground...
soon...

2 comments:

The Calico Quilter said...

Oy, it looks like you still have a ton to do. I can't work outside even if I wanted to - it rains about every four hours, and has since last week. It doesn't look too bad, then the sun comes out, then it clouds over, and then dump! And then it repeats. It's rained twice today already. And, oh look, the sun's coming out.....

catsinger said...

...still ISP-less and have a bunch to do outside... we have had wind & heat here... yuck...