Wednesday, February 29, 2012

...further update

Lucyfur stopped eating on Sunday night and didn't eat on Monday, even when I offered her tuna. So, on Tuesday morning, I rook her back to see the vet. The jaundice was back in her ears and mouth, but she still seemed strong and was coming to eat, even though she ultimately wasn't eating. He gave her a steroid shot that he said should stimulate her appetite and thirst.

It seems to have worked, as since late Tuesday afternoon, she has been in to drink several times and has pestered me for food, actually eating when she gets it.

I don't know how long this will last, but it's good to see her eating again, even though the inevitable end will come... I just don't want her to suffer.

In my continuing battle with finances, my health insurance has disallowed all my SG Immediate Care charges from 2/12, so now I owe Sutter Gould $500+. I suppose next, they'll disallow the Dr visit I had yesterday & the routine labwork he scheduled.
Fortunately, I'm getting my taxes done on 3/9 & am due the same refund as last year, which will be enough to pay for having the taxes done, my property taxes AND the medical bills the insurance won't cover.

It's always something...

"Holy Michael, the Archangel, surround me with your holy angels...
protect me from the enemy and all his minions...
by the grace and power of God, consign them all to hell"...

No comments: