Thursday, December 2, 2010

...an abundance of kitty blessings


I was at DP yesterday...
and considered buying a 16 lb bag of cat food...
the bin was rapidly becoming empty...
and the cold weather makes them hungry...

but it was several dollars more than it is at WW...
and I need to go there for litter soon anyway...
[it's nearly $2 more at DP, $3 at Raleys... each !]
so I followed the little voice that said,"wait"...
I got my 5 flats of Fluff food, a new bone for Molly & left...

all the canned & dry food I've been able to get from the church...
has really helped stretch the pet food budget...

the 6 flats of larger cans that should have only lasted until now...
have almost 4 flats left because of the other cans I've gotten...
and I have enough dry dog food for months...
I don't take the canned dog food... Molly doesn't really need it...
and it's good for them to have for walk-ins...

I find it quite interesting...
that we do get calls for dog food at our food pantry...
but not for cat food... not at all...
and of all the kinds of cat food out there...
that the kinds we get through donations...
are exactly the kinds my kitties need...

so today, as I contemplated my excursion to WW...
for litter, Excedrin and dry cat food...
I was surprised and happy to see new boxes of pet food donations...
sitting on the floor in front of the food pantry shelves...
since they usually come a couple of weeks later...

I don't need any dog food, so I checked-out the cat food...
and there were 2, 8 lb bags of exactly what I needed...
also several smaller bags of other dry food...
including one that I could feed to Fluff...

as well as a number of loose cans of their faves...
and... a 24 pack of their 3 favorite flavors...
the ones I get in the bigger cans...

this was a real blessing !

and the timing was quite appreciated too...

since I had just discovered that my bag of teas,etc...
for the choir, Lessons & Carols Dress rehearsal break...
[this Saturday...]
was NOT where I thought I had left it last year...
so now I need to spend $ on cups, tea, instant coffee, condiments, etc...

but since I now need to spend only about $60 at WW instead of $100...
[no cat or dog food needed & not as much litter as usual...]
I should be able to squeeze my budget and get the choir supplies...
[I have a bunch of teas at home...]

and just about the time that I'll run short of money, close to Christmas...
my first SS retirement benefit payment will arrive...

not a lot... only about half of what I should get...
but enough to keep me going...

God is good... and His timing is perfect...
as is His selection of kitty food...

No comments: