Tuesday, December 14, 2010

...more stuff I gotta do


as I sit here in the conference room at the church office...
I look out of the windows, and though it's only 4:26 PM...
and the Winter Solstice is still more than a week away...
it is quite murky and dark outside...

to be fair, it's been showery and overcast all day...
but now, it's very nearly nightfall...
and as the hiss of vehicle tires on wet pavement...
blends with the roar of engines...
they create a Doppler effect as they pass by...

the red of tail lights and running lights gleam and blink...
like moving holiday decorations...
mixing with the street lights coming on...
as well as the outdoor signs of businesses...
that blink to life as the interior lights are extinguished...

I'm still here because I had some choir work to do...
and decided to write a post after doing a number of things...
since I need to do a bit more work, before I am "done"...
and wanted a sense of completion for this day...

to be fair, I did copy a bunch of statements & pay stubs...
for my meeting tomorrow at the HUD company about modifying my 2nd...
since they are threatening "foreclosure"...
if I don't pay them $2500 by tomorrow...
[good luck with that...]

the situation with the first mortgage holder is still in the first phases...
since my HUD counselor has now submitted my application for the 3rd time...

they lost the 1st set of papers and didn't respond to the 2nd set...
so she sent a 3rd set and is contacting a person at the bank...
who has been helpful with modifications in the past...

since I've never even been late with the first mortgage...
they won't foreclose...
and the 2nd mortgage holder can't foreclose if the first doesn't...
not to mention that I have no wages to garnish or savings to seize...
and that the value of my house is $50k upside-down to the 1st...
so the "worst" the 2nd can do is to put a lien on my property...

I just hope that the modification of the first goes through soon...
because I keep getting hate mail & phone calls from my creditors...

I had a scare when a letter from the SSAdmin...
referred to my first payment date as Jan. 26...
they had earlier said it would be Dec.22...
and I was counting on that payment, in December...

I made a phone calls, negotiated a menu, and spoke with a real person...
a local office person, here in Mudville[!!!]...
who checked for me & said that the Dec. date was correct...
what a relief... now I can pay the end of the month bills...

so tomorrow, I'll do my trash & chores at home...
then come down here to finish the choir paperwork...
I'll meet with my HUD counselor at 3...
and go to a Renaissance group rehearsal at 6:30 PM...

we have a concert on December 22...

and since there are only 4 singers at this time...
I'm quite busy practicing my vocal parts...
now that I've replaced the broken AC adapter for my keyboard...
[it cost $20, but got here quickly...]

then there are the alto & bass recorder parts...
I have to get my arthritic fingers to play...
as well as the sackbutt parts & trumpet fanfare...

oh... did I forget to mention the drum and the handbells...?

it now takes more effort to get all my instruments & equipment to rehearsals...
than I used to exert going to Symphony rehearsals with multiple instruments...
or brass quintet rehearsals/concerts that always used a lot of horns...
not to mention music stand, trumpet stands, etc...

but, it is fun music...
and there's no business like show business...

well, now, it's 5:14 PM...
and dead dark outside...

I'm going home to let Molly out...
and be called nasty names by Piglet...
who does NOT get to go outside after dark...
but believes that it is her right to be outside...
and will NOT go quietly into the evening...

No comments: