Tuesday, October 12, 2010

...signs of the season[?]

it's still "too warm" to suit me...
[low 90's as the highs, no real marine layer intrusion overnight...]
and the leaf turn has been halted...


while there are a few with enough moisture retained to stay green...
or turn colors and remain attached to the vine or tree...


there is a lot of this...
dried-up, dead leaves, even though a few still hang on...
this is NOT a shot of the ground...
this is on the side of my house...

and then there's this...

my neighbor to the north

it started in late September...
and keeps "growing"... like "Topsey"...

they didn't do much last year...
so I guess they're making up for it this year...
FYI: the mini lights overhead are orange...
they cris-cross most of the the yard...
about 8 ft high and stay on all night...
creating an interesting glow in my bedroom...

another reason that I can't wait for the night-time temps to drop...
so I can close the window AND the blinds...

currently...

I feel as though I'm trying to sleep inside of a lit jack o'lantern...

in the meantime, I'm "going with the flow"...

No comments: