Saturday, October 2, 2010

...more little things along the way


the blast of heat, hopefully the last of the summer...
has abated, leaving us with much more seasonal temps for early October...
everything is now quite dry and wilted...
but I still hope for a colorful fall...

I'm still in "wait" mode on the mortgage modification...
and all else financial must wait on that move...

while waiting, I have had a few "events"...

some of which I don't see the reasons for...
others, I can see the good within, even as it happens...

for example...

I thought that I had cancelled all auto credit card payments...
then one went through, nearly wiping out my checking account balance...
I did notice it right away and was able to hold off spending money...
until I earned some driving MzYBee to Ahnoldtown...
which I was able to deposit before anything bad happened...

then there was the school district health insurance premium payment...
which can be as late as the 5th of the month...
[they pay to me, their share, until I'm 65...
as the entire premium is taken out of my pension payment...]

it appeared in my checking account on Sept. 30, several days early !

and my pension payment not only arrived on Oct. 1...
it was a bit more than normal...
not too unusual, just a dividend...
so I was feeling pretty good...

until I opened my homeowners insurance statement...
asking for an October payment of over $200...

over a month ago, I had re-instated auto pay...
to avoid this balloon payment, a monthly $10 fee...
and to spread out my payments over the entire year...
lowering them significantly to about $58 p/mo...

so I called my agent, who called me back right away...

the auto-pay had just gone through, Sept.30...
so my next payment of $64 would be due in December [!]

no payment this month or next...
then the auto-pay would kick-in from December on...
at a few $ more than I had anticipated...
but I can live with it...

especially since I don't have to pay for the next 2 months...

which will come in quite handy...
seeing that I just paid the final home phone bill...
and the final ADT bill...
and today, I have "paid bills", transferred $100 to savings...
will get my hair cut & buy cat food, litter, groceries...
and choir supplies [water, cough drops & food for rehearsal]

I did get quite a nice donation from various choir members...
which will go a long ways towards paying for much of it...

and then I have $175 to last the month...
[I hope nobody gets sick...]

but I'm hopeful, 'cause so far, things are working out...

God is good, He supplies all our needs...

No comments: