Sunday, February 10, 2008

...a magic carpet ride...

yesterday, I laid the DR 5 x 8 rug...
and unrolled the 2 runners, placing one...
and leaving the other loosely rolled and out of the way...

the labels all SAY that they are the same "color"...
and in the daylight, I sort of see it...
but they sure LOOK different in most light...
especially next to each other...
where they will "live" in my house...

the website says, "brick may look like
plum in some kinds of light...
and the way it's brushed can affect it too..."
SWELL... JUST what I need...
to become obsessive about "brushing" my rugs now...

at first, I thought that they were different colors...
but NOT according to the labels on each rug...
so I'll just have to "live" with it...
or invest in a "rug rake"...
[maybe if I harness a cat....]

naturally, the small rug [2 x 3],
for in front of the front door,
is nowhere to be found....

it was supposed to arrive 2/27/07...
but I don't think it ever did...
[I don't remember ever getting it...]

all along, I was somehow under the illusion
that it was wrapped up with one of the runners...
stored in the garage...
[an invoice saying, 1 runner, 1, 2 x 3 rug,
will do that to you...]

so, last night, I ordered another...
[I figure that as an inside "doormat",
I'll need another eventually anyway...
so if I find it...I'll have a use for it...]

yesterday, I also started carting boxes of cleaning supplies, etc., to the garage...
if it stays dry a week or so longer, maybe I can reorganize enough,
to be able to actually store them in the garage...
after all, I did a small bit of moving things just to get TO the rugs,
that had been stored there for the last year...

and if things stay dry, I can work through
that period of, "everything hurts"...
and get the stuff stored away...
but then, I may just give up...and toss it all...

I did the touch-up on the scarred French doors,
as well as touch-up on all the other trim, including the kitchen...
cleaned several paintbrushes that had been left in plastic bags...
discarded one that was left in paint thinner [primer]...
as well as several used stirrers, used roller covers
and used plastic tray and bucket liners...

I scrubbed a lot of furniture....[oiling it too...]
moved furniture...placed furniture...
laid [ aka : manhandled ] HEAVY rugs...
carried in several plants [repotting, etc...]... positioning them...
then, re-positioned them after Sneaky Pie went on a "flight"
around the room, with Thomas in hot pursuit
almost knocking the rubber tree off of the media cabinet...

I sealed the front door threshold...
cleaned the French door windows, inside and out...
[I cleaned the LR windows on Friday...]
of course, years of hard water has left spots on the outside...
making this an almost futile exercise...

today, I am exhausted...
muscles I'd forgotten, are reminding me of their existence,
and my abuse of them the last few days...

I need to do more...
but for now, I think that I'll take a nap...
there's a lot on my plate...
"heavy lifting" work, tax prep, church music selection, sorting...

but as Blogless T [aka BLT] once said to me,
when I was obsessing about getting things done...
"you have the rest of your life to do it..."
[of course, the IRS must be served in a timely fashion...]

but the rest can wait a bit...
while I "rest in the Lord"...
and gain His strength to deal with
everything that He has given me to do...

He will give me rest...
He will renew my strength...
He will give me grace and wisdom...
and He will send any help that I need...

2 comments:

DearestDragonfly said...

wish I could tap some of your extremely productive energy!

catsinger said...

...I've been "paying" all day today...chiropractor time...
tomorrow...I try again...