Tuesday, July 20, 2010

...choosing to believe

well, here I am again...
approaching the edge with no job in sight...



if I go forward, trusting in God's provision as I've been instructed...
all that I can see is a rough path that appears to descend into ruin & loss...



with no way across the vast expanse of deep & stormy water...
definitely no options of my own making...

but God continues to say that He must be my only supply...
and that if I can overcome my "self", letting Him do it...
I will be taken care of...
in ways that I can not even begin to understand at this point...

so I continue to seek His will, as well as work...
and I choose to believe in His provision, despite the gathering darkness...



I choose to "let Him have the burdens" that are too much for me to bear...
all the ways I've failed, all the mistakes & misunderstood instructions...

I choose not to let the icy grip of fear take hold of me...
I choose to trust in His promises that He will make "all things new"...
I choose to "be calm & hold on to His hand through the storm"...
and I wait... with hope... and joyful anticipation of His miracle working in my life...



God is good... ALL the time...

2 comments:

The Code is the Code! said...

Gentle writer:

I have just read your post of 20 July 2010. Let me support you in your Faith in our great God. His Word is true when all else appears to be correct. I would add but one thing, you said that you "let Him have the burdens that are too much fo me to bear". His Word says, to "Cast ALL your cares on Him for He cares for you. Don't give Him 50%, or 76% of your cares, turn them ALL over to Him. He never fails and you will see His diliverance if you employ Patience and remain the same in the face of, ... whatever. Be Blessed!

catsinger said...

...welcome Mel & thanks for reminding me that He wants it all... I DO know that... I even sang about it on Sunday,"Give Them All to Jesus"...
but sometimes in the moments, I forget & I appreciate your gentle reminder, as well as your kind encouragements... come back any time...