Wednesday, July 7, 2010

...the amazing shrinking Catsinger, update



well I've made the transition from the 500 calorie diet with hCG...
through the 3 days of 500 calories without hCG...
and my weight seems stable...
up only 1 lb from the lowest point with hCG...

so I'm now in the first 3 week period of "maintenance"...
where I start exercising & can eat 1500 calories a day...

of course, I'm still not consuming 1500 calories a day...
'cause that's a lot of food for me at this point...

I've added back some whole wheat bread as sandwiches...
and I feasted over the 4th & 5th on fresh sweet corn...
but apparently without any jolt to my metabolism...
as my weight continues to hover around the +1 pound mark...
[if you go up more than 2+ pounds, it's a red flag...]

I'm not supposed to eat any starch or sugar for next 3 weeks...
though I can add eggs, fats, some dairy & fattier meats...
as well as 3 times the daily calories...
I think I dodged the bullet with the corn[sweet & starchy]...
as well as the whole wheat bread for sandwiches...

after 3 weeks, I can gradually add back some sweets & starches...
but dried beans, pasta, rices, potatoes, breads & the like...
are something to be monitored carefully...
as well as cakes, cookies & other similar good things...

the good news is that now I can use olive oil...
and that cheese & mayo in salad dressing are OK too...
[in moderation, of course...]

I have to figure out a plan of eating...
that will give me the energy I need to get moving...

if I can get exercising & regain my strength...
I may still be able to keep my metabolism going...
and not only re-develop muscles that have lost their strength...
but also continue a slower, but welcome, weight loss...

the really good news is that even though I feasted on corn...
and have had several sandwiches with the whole wheat bread...
I'm still enjoying eating the kind of food I ate during the 500 calorie phase...
and don't crave carbs or sweets like I have in the past...

so I'm hoping that I've entered a new phase of my eating life...
where I eat to live & not just live to eat...

God is good...all the time...

No comments: